Security Flex Officer - Chicago Downtown - $12 (ALL SHIFTS!) Job
Date: Mar 10, 2014
Location: Chicago, IL, US
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. Our more than 50,000 employees and 100 offices across the country service a client base of several thousand which includes approximately 200 Fortune 500 companies nationwide. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957.
As the first security services company selected as one of Training magazine's Top 125 training companies for six consecutive years, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based, and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our commitment to training includes industry specific programs that are customized for the security challenges in several of the markets we serve.
AlliedBarton's focus on Human Capital Management moves employee growth and satisfaction to the forefront of all company initiatives. By utilizing employee retention programs and promotions from within, AlliedBarton is able to foster a culture of quality security officers and continuous customer satisfaction.
AlliedBarton security officers adhere to quality standards designed to provide unparalleled service. Our security officers are proactive, responsive and ready to meet our client's needs.
**This position requires that the officer be available for ALL three shifts!!**
Security Officer Quality Standards
An AlliedBarton Security Officer:
* Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
* Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
* Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
* Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
* Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
Security Officer Basic Job Responsibilities:
Patrol the customers facility or stand a post as instructed and outlined in the sites post orders. Serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site. Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies. Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
Security Officer Basic Qualifications:
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 10 years of verifiable employment history.
* At least one verifiable employer.
* No criminal convictions as specified under AlliedBarton guidelines.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
* Authorized to work in the United States.
* Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
* Successful completion of Allied's Security Officer Basic Course exam.
* Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
* Neat and professional appearance.
* Friendly and professional demeanor.
* Ability to providing quality customer service.
* Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
A Flex officer must have open availability and flexibility.
* Excellent people and leadership skills
* Customer and employee passionate
* Demonstrated customer service skills
* Exemplary Professional Image and Attitude
* Ability to act as a supervisor versus a friend or 'buddy'
* Good communication skills
* Detail oriented
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive hourly wage, benefits, training and opportunities for advancement. AlliedBarton is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segments: Security, Real Estate, Security Officer, Security Guard, Sales