Airport Security Agent - Queens NY Job
AlliedBarton is hiring Airport Security Agents to work out of LGA and JFK airports in Queens. Please read the job description as well as the job requirements carefully before applying for this job. All requirements for this job must be met in order to qualify. Salary is $17.43 an hour.
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. Our more than 50,000 employees and 100 offices service a client base of several thousand which includes approximately 200 Fortune 500 companies nationwide. AlliedBarton has been American owned and managed since 1957.
As the first security services company selected as one of Training magazine's Top 125 training companies for five consecutive years, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for security officers, support and management personnel.
Airport Security Agent Duties:
* Observing and report suspicious activity and behavior to the Port Authority Police.
* Protecting the areas to which they are assigned.
* Enforcing rules and regulations as set forth by the Port Authority in the Airport Security Agent Manual, General Manager Bulletins, etc.
* Familiarizing themselves with all post orders.
* Immediately report any fires to the Port Authority Police.
* Maintaining an operationally efficient post and helping people who require assistance or information, provided doing so does not distract from or prevent successful completion of security services.
* Supervising and ensuring compliance with Port Authority and federal rules and regulations regarding the identification of personnel and vehicles accessing the AOA/SIDA.
* Conducting vehicle inspections as required.
* Immediately report to the Port Authority Police any unauthorized individuals attempting or having gained access to the Facility without required authorization.
* Directing traffic at post as required.
* Providing construction escort services as required.
* Conducting periodic inspections of all contractor work areas at designated times to ascertain compliance with security procedures.
* Reporting unclaimed or unattended property to the Port Authority Police.
* Making full reports to supervisors of all unusual circumstances.
* Protect Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Confidential Information in accordance with the Port Authority Information Security Handbook annexed hereto as Exhibit 8 and as may be amended, from time to time.
* Continual performance of normal and additional assigned job duties during emergencies as directed by the Airport Manager.
* Screening and/or log persons and or vehicles seeking access to restricted areas of the Facility.
* Reporting to appropriate parties such as supervisor, Airport Manager, etc.: hazardous conditions identified during the performance of their duties, such as but not limited to ice, snow conditions, holes in fences, defective lighting and/or light outages, opened, unlocked or broken gates and sounding of alarms.
* Performing Airport perimeter fence inspections as required by the Airport Manager.
* Responding to and investigating door alarms at specific terminals and other facilities/buildings within a specified time period, resolving conditions and reporting to Security Operations Center.
* Assisting the Port Authority Police by rendering aid to persons in public areas at the Facility when required until the arrival of medical assistance.
* Responding to and assisting in situations involving fires, explosions, bomb threats, floods, crowd control and all other types of unspecified emergencies.
* Performing fire watch functions.
* Reporting vehicle and patron accidents to the Port Authority Police. Preparing handwritten reports as required.
* Maintaining a log of activity occurring during the tour making particular note of unusual incidents or activity.
* Monitoring vehicles and personnel in secured/restricted areas.
* Use of watch-clocks or similar technology such as an Electronic Guard Tour Monitoring System (EGTMS).
* In the event of a vehicle fire, after notification of the incident to the Port Authority Police, utilizing vehicle fire extinguishers and other available equipment pending the arrival of emergency equipment.
* Airport Security Agents are required to report for duty 30 minutes prior to their assigned tour in order to stand roll call and to travel to post.
* Performing all other specific responsibilities and duties as required by the Airport Manager.
* Each position assigned hereunder shall be on post at all times during the scheduled hours and that post shall not be unoccupied for any reason during the scheduled shift unless properly relieved or location is secured in a Port Authority approved manner.
* Dress in uniform at all times while on duty.
Individuals MUST have the following qualification:
Must have a minimum of two years of security guard experience, military or law enforcement background.
HS diploma or GED
10 years of verifiable work history and or references
NYS valid driver's license with a minimum of three years of clean driving record.
Able to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the English language for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Neat and professional appearance.
Friendly and professional demeanor
AlliedBarton is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Segment: Security, Real Estate, Police, Information Security, Compliance, Sales, Technology, Legal